"Why Rotary? Why you?"
The real question is "Why not you?!"
There is no single person who can meet the needs of our communities by working alone. Working together as a Rotary Club, we accomplish many things, such as youth service, scholarships, literacy, food for the hungry, disaster assistance, and more.
What better person than you to join Rotary with your friends and neighbors and work to help others under Rotary's motto of "Service Above Self"?
Rotarians are business, community, and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club consists of a diverse group of leaders from the community that the club serves. Our club represents business and professional leaders in Plainfield and in North Plainfield.
Membership in a Rotary club offers a number of benefits, including:
- Effecting change within the community.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Gaining an understanding of - and having an impact on - local and international humanitarian issues.
- Developing relationships with other community and business leaders.
Through Rotary's service programs, a Rotary club has a significant effect on the quality of life in its community. Rotary Foundation programs offer opportunities to form international partnerships that help people in need worldwide. Some 1.2 million Rotarians in 33,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographic areas make significant contributions to the quality of life at home and around the globe.
Visit our "Downloads" section on the home page to find more helpful information - What's Rotary?; Our Club Brochure; Rotary Basics; 20 Reasons Why You Should Join Rotary; and much, much more.
Want to join us, speak to a Rotarian, or just get more information?
- Be our guest! Come to a meeting at Giovanna's Restaurant, 1462 South Avenue, Plainfield on Wednesdays at 12:15 PM. You'll meet a great group of people and learn about how we serve others.
- Contact Us - Fill out the on-line contact form and we will get back to you to respond to your questions.
Consider becoming a Rotarian. Our club is small, friendly, and strong; our mission is simple - Service Above Self.